Disquiet Junto Project 0300: The 300th Project
3 chords x 100 seconds
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a Junto, but after reading the directions and seeing it was #300, I had to give it a go.
The chord selected is C# F F# D#/root,third,fourth,ninth – C#maj11?
- Mersenne melodic percussion synth app fed by Fugue Machine app
- Baritone ukulele by David Ingalls
- C# Native American flute by Pat Haran
- Fugue Machine has 4 play heads playing the notes in different speeds and octaves. There is a strong noise component to the synth patch so the lowest octave is almost purely percussive and carries the beat from when it enters to the end. The tempo is 180bpm yielding exactly 300 beats in the 100 seconds. This part is centered in the mix.
- The uke is tuned to Ab linear so the base chord is 0560 which comes off as more of a D# minor ninth than C# major 11. Other voicings include 0568, 3530, 3560, etc. The part is played one note per beat with a quarter note delay effect to generate chords between the played notes and echoed notes. This part is panned mostly right in the mix.
- The NAF is tuned to C# and was the inspiration for the whole piece. Relative to the flute, the notes are A C# D high A and high B. This also used the quarter note delay to generate chords but is less effective than on the uke as I couldn’t play as fast. This part is panned mostly left in the mix.
Uke and NAF were recorded with OEM Apple EarPods mic.
Mix done in Cubasis.
Video done in Wizibel.
More on this 300th weekly Disquiet Junto project (3 chords x 100 seconds) at:
More on the Disquiet Junto at:
Subscribe to project announcements here:
Project discussion takes place on llllllll.co: